Tuesday, January 29, 2008

On the right TRACK!

Last WI: 224.8/At Home WI: 220.4 (HELL YEAH!)

TUESDAY

Well, It's been almost a week since the engagement, and I'm down over 5 lbs on the scale. Yes, yes, I know the first week back on track is always a great loss, but I'm LOVIN it! I don't count an official WI till Thursday, which is actually going to be a real WI, at a meeting. A girl who sits near me at work wants to go to WW with me at work starting this week. I'm all for it. I need a "buddy"! She is also engaged and getting married in October. The thing is, she's tiny! Ok, so maybe not tiny, but I would bet she's already in the healthy range WW provides. She wants to lose 10 lbs for her wedding though. I can understand that, and I'm all for having someone to go to the meetings with. Hopefully this will be the added plus that gets me where I need to be.

So I haven't exercised this week, and I really haven't had any excuse. Work has been busy, but I've definitely had time at home when I could have hit the treadmill. But I plan to hit it at LEAST once this week, and I plan to buy some 10 & 15lb weights this weekend at Target to get into some strength training at home. I can DO this!

WW has a "tool for living" called anchoring. They have a lot of "cheesy" tools that I generally don't find helpful for me, but this one is very appropriate right now. I don't know what the official description of it is, but my understanding is that you have some physical item that you carry around with you that reminds you of why you're doing this, what your goals are, what your motivation is, etc. I've never been able to find the right "anchor" until now. I'm sure you can guess what it is - my engagement ring. Everytime I get hungry (i.e. bored) when I haven't planned a snack or meal, I look at it. Everytime I want to eat MORE after I've eaten a reasonable size meal, I look at it. And I always tell myself, I don't want to be a fat bride.

Now, many might feel that is superficial. I can't believe you only want to lose weight for your wedding. You don't want to do it to be healthy? Well of course I do. But that motivation hasn't worked the last 6 years. Maybe this one will. I'm using it if it works.

On fun wedding news, I found a place that I would LOVE to have my wedding at. At least based upon what I found on the website. Holly & I are going up there this Sunday to look at it. I hope it's everything they advertise. If so, it'll be perfect!

Here's to a good WW motivated week!

No comments:

SEARCH

Google