Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Year, Same old Goals...

Last WI: 220.6/At Home WI: 224.0 (ick!)

Wednesday

Ok - so I saw 221.8 yesterday and 224 today. Weird. But I was definitely dehydrated yesterday so that probably has something to do with it.

So the holidays were nice. I had my best friend from college - Gloria - in town. She and I are simply put - soul mates. Not in the romantic sense, obviously, but we are just so similar we will be best friends for ever. I met her the first night I moved into my dorm freshman year and we've been instant best friends since. She currently lives in Hawaii and is finishing up her PhD in clinical psychology, but is hoping to move back soon, possibly to Georgia. I'm lucky that I live very close to where most of her family is from, so there's a good chance she'll move here once she starts working. We had a great visit and Erik dropped her off at her grandparents this morning where she'll be spending a few days before flying back to Hawaii.

New years, we went to Holly's for our big party. It was a lot of fun, but I got way too drunk and sometime after midnight got into a cry-fest fight with Erik about why he hasn't proposed yet. So not good. He was wonderful and said all the right things but I hate that I made such a scene. I was pretty gone so I don't remember exactly how many people were still at the party - I'm hoping not too many, it was definitely a good bit after midnight. Oh well - drunken stupidity is a must on occasion it seems...

So, now it's a new year but the same old goals. Lose weight, eat right, exercise...etc.etc. Same as everyone, but I need it more than most since I've let things slip lately.

Back at work today with still nothing to do. I emailed my practice group leader and he said he'd "work on it" and the he's not back till Monday. Great...looks like another slow week... So not good for the bonus I had hoped to get next Christmas.

This weekend Erik and I will be looking at houses again. I'm so depressed about this. I thought it'd be so fun since we have plenty of time and it's such a "buyers market". Well, that's great and all, but I'm still cheap. I don't want to pay 300K + just to live in the city. I want a nice clean 3 - 4 bedroom house for under 200K. With a garage. So much to ask? In this area, apparently so. So who knows. We're supposed to look at some intown houses this weekend, but I know I'm going to be disappointed either in the neighborhood or the house. Here's hoping though...

Other than that, nothing too crazy going on. Still hoping for that call/email saying we've got some work for you... MUST BILL HOURS. lol.

No comments:

SEARCH

Google