Monday, May 14, 2007

Week Off Program Leads to Recommitment

Last WI: 212.4/At Home WI: 213.0

MONDAY

Ok, so I haven't blogged in a week, and as you can guess, that means I've been bad for a week. Well, I was bad through Friday last week. I ended up not weighing in on Thursday, but for sort of a good reason. I was supposed to go to Tennessee to see my dad last weekend. I was going to leave Thursday. In order to get there at a reasonable time, I would have to miss WI. Well, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, I was not OP. I was "tracking" but I was not staying within my points. I was 10-20 points over every day. Really, every day. I just looked back at my journal, and not one day last week did I stay w/in my points. So - I would probably have had a gain anyway.

Well, Wednesday I started feeling the beginnings of a cold coming on. I tried to ignore it, but by Thursday afternoon I was totally congested an exhausted. I called my dad and explained that I didn't think I could drive 7 hours in that state. I felt bad, but he understood. He has his own health problems, so I really don't need to get him sick. I ended up just going home on Thursday and sleeping. I didn't go to work on Friday, but spent the day in bed.

But - I declared, as of Friday morning (the beginning of my WW week) that this week would be a perfect week. I will track every single point (not just write down the food, but count the points). I will only eat my target points plus my weekly points allowance plus my APs. I will allow myself every point on the program, but not one more!

So far so good. It is Monday and I've used all but 7 of my WPA points, but that's not bad. I'm usually pretty good about being OP on the week days, so the fact that I got through the weekend with any WPA points left is amazing. I'm doing great. And the scale isn't being so bad. The lowest I've seen on the scale lately was 211.6, and that was after my "sick" day of not eating much at all. Today saw 213. I'm hoping to get around 211 flat by Thursday. I think I can do it. I think I can see a loss this week. I'd love for a "good" loss, but any loss will be good considering I deserved a gain last week.

This "cycle" is about right for me though. I can usually do about 2 months of being OP and seeing losses before I begin to slip. This time I did 8 weeks. Week 9 was last week, and I would have seen a gain. Now - it's time for another good 2 months of loss! Starting today.

In other good news, about 9 weeks ago I started my own personal challenge of journaling 84 days straight. One entire "three month journal". I am happy to say I am on day 67. This is week 10 of the 12 week journal and there are entries on every day. There are a few where I didn't bother to calculate the points - knowing I was way over - but every day lists every thing I ate - better or worse. I think that challenge has really been what has shown me such consistent losses. I plan to complete this journal and start a new one. I WILL get to goal - albeit slowly.

On personal news, I have another job interview today. A while ago, I interviewed with the United States Attorney's Office. A job I really wanted, and didn't get. Well, they called a couple weeks ago to say that, if we agreed, they were handing over the resumes of the individuals who interviewed there but didn't get offers to a partner agency called HIDTA which stands for High Intensity Drug Traffic Area. From what my research has shown, it's a federal agency that prosecutes high level drug dealers in metro areas around the US. Certain metro areas - atlanta included - have been designated high intensity drug traffic areas, and special prosecutors work to coordinate with law enforcement and prosecute the high level offenders. So I think. Anyway, I'm interviewing with them today. I have no idea if I'd want to do this job, but I feel like it can't hurt to interview. If they make me an offer, I can ask all the questions I want and make a choice. It's always good to have choices. The job I have right now is fun, and I have a lot of freedom and autonomy. The only real negatives are the money (very low for my industry) and the potential for growth. There really isn't any chance of "promotion" you're either an assistant district attorney or the district attorney (elected). And salary-wise, I'll get a 3% COLA raise every year, with little hope of more regardless of performance.

So, I've been exploring other options. We'll see how this goes.

No comments:

SEARCH

Google