Tuesday, May 15, 2007

10 Strange Things About Me

Last WI: 212.4/At Home WI: 213.2 (eh)

TUESDAY

Well, yesterday the interview went well. I think I did as well as I could, but I know they are interviewing people with much more experience than me, and I don't have any experience in a good part of what they do, so I'm not holding my breath on getting the job.

Yesterday I was also contacted by a legal recruiter wishing to help me with my job search. Of course this is a "win win" situation for me as if they get me the job, I don't pay them, the employer does. She's hoping to have me set up with 3-4 interview with clients in the coming weeks.

Yesterday after my interview, I went to lunch at one of my favorite Atlanta restaurants that I rarely get to anymore - Willy's - I LOVE thier burrito's and nachos. I totally splurged on the nacho's counting it at 18 points. A fair guestimate I think. I had a late lunch so was fine with just some veggies and snacks for dinner. I did go over in points a bit, but less than what I had available in flex. I'm sad to see the scale up a bit this morning, but .2 isn't bad. And I'm planning on exercising tonight for the first time in a LONG time, so hopefully that will kick the scale in the right direction.

I'm a myspace'er and my friend Holly "tagged" me on myspace with a blog that asks you to write 10 strange things about yourself. It took me a while to think these up, so I figured I'd post them here as well. Here' goes:

1. I was born in Duluth Minnesota. I only lived there for about 6 months then moved to Oregon where I "grew up". I totally can't claim MN though cause I'm a total cold wuss. I'm always freezin!

2. I have my motorcycle license. I got it in college when my dad and brother bought Harley's. I WILL own my own someday (Joey -cough up the Fat Boy - you don't need TWO motorcyles!) But meanwhile, I just drool when they ride by.

3. I sleep with earplugs. Every night. This started when I was dating my ex-boyfriend who snored horribly and I'm a super light sleeper. Now I've gotten used to silence and can't generally sleep without them. I'm addicted, what can I say.

4. My mom and I are leading parallel lives - we were both engaged once to men who were in the military and broke it off during a time of war (she did the dear john letter after he was over seas, I broke it off before he was shipped to Iraq). We both say we didn't break it off because of the military, but who knows. She later married my father, hopefully I too will find my "happy ending". :-)

5. I hate capri pants. Hate them. I think that weird shin-length pant theory should never have been invented. I've never owned, nor will I ever own a pair of capri's. They only look good on super-thin, model build women, but you mostly see them on overweight middle-aged women - basically women who won't wear shorts - pretend they are with capris. Give it up. They hit you at the WRONG spot and make your legs look huge. Better off with pants or a skirt. IMHO.

6. I am completely and utterly addicted to diet coke. It used to be something I just had every day, now I can't live without it. I go through 4-5 20oz bottles at work at day and 3-4 12-packs of cans a week at home. Really bad.

7. I grew up as a member of a teen rock band. Stix and Stones. We performed over 40 shows over about a 4 year period. I was a singer and keyboardist. We did mostly covers - rock of the early 90's (Poison, Warrant, Madonna, Joan Jett, etc.) We started when I was about 11 until about age 15. My dad even built us a teen night club to perform at ("Club Coney Island") while I was in junior high. Spoiled I know.

8. I ran a marathon in 2003. I actually hate running, but feel it's the most "efficient" means to burn calories. Always attempting to lose weight, in 2003 I commited to and actually completed a marathon. The Nashville Marathon in April. I completed it in just over 4 1/2 hours.

9. I was first in my class my first year in law school and have no idea how. Sure I studied, sure I think I'm kinda smart, but there were lots of kids lots smarter than me who definitely studied a lot more. And I did kinda miss a few classes. I am somehow blessed with the skill of test-taking and memorizing. I know how to regurgitate facts and theories in the words of the professor. That always makes them impressed - if you can say it like they did. They think they're brilliant of course.

10. I love being around books. Sure, I love to read, but lots of people like to read. I actually love being in the presence of books. I walk into a bookstore and am instantly in a good mood and feel relaxed. I own hundreds of books (much to Erik's dismay), most of which are currently in storage, with the hopes of one day having my own library in my home. I hate books from the county library because I don't get to keep them. If I'm interested in some subject, I buy at least 5 books on the subject (more like 15 if it's poker...). LOVE books!

No comments:

SEARCH

Google