Thursday, May 17, 2007

The Gym Rejected Me!

Last WI: 212.4/At Home WI: 212.8

THURSDAY

Weigh in day again. Funny how it comes every week like that. I'm not sure what to expect. I've blogged before about how unpredictable my scale is so I could see a 1.4lb gain or a 1.2lb loss. Who knows. I'm a little disappointed in the scale this week because I have been pretty good. I do have to say it was one of my most consistent weeks. After seeing 215.4 on Friday (normal after WI day increase) I was within 1.5 lbs every day this week- right around 213. That's good, as I think I'm getting the "binging/alcohol consumption" under control. But I had hoped to see around 211 this week. I've been religious about points and counting the AP's I earned last night (more on that soon) I was under 2 points this week from WPA, AP's and Target Points. So - hoped for a big loss, but not to be...at least I don't think. Course a did deserve a gain last week, so who knows.

So yesterday I FINALLY got my booty to the gym. It's been over 2 weeks. I know this because I've not earned a single AP this month (had made a goal of 60 for the month). So, I left out the house at about 8:30 with "hopes" to run 4 miles, but "goals" to run as much as I could, then get some elliptical time in. I got the gym, which is one of those 24 hour deals where you swipe your card to get in the front door, and swiped. Nothing.... Swipe.... Nothing.... SWIPE SWIPE SWIPE... Nothing. The door supposed to pop open after a green light on the swiper. What the hell? Did they decide since I haven't been in 2 1/2 weeks that I wasn't worthy anymore? Did they revoke my gym license?

At this point another girl came up on the phone and looked at me strange. I said "I need to follow you in, my card won't work". I totally felt like a freeloader. You're not supposed to let other people in. There's even a huge sign that says your priviledges will be revoked if you do. Fortunately, this girl didn't have such stringent morals and just swiped her card, and held the door for me.

Now, you might be thinking.. uh.. did you pay the bill? Well, the thing is, Erik signed us up for this gym about 6 months ago and got a deal for two people by telling them we lived together (we do). He signed it up to charge to his credit card every month, so I was pretty sure we were paid.

Well, I get inside and the manager guy was just locking up the office and watching our little exchange at the door, suspiciously. I went straight to him and explained my card didn't work. After initially implying that I probably didn't pay, he checked his records, confirmed we'd paid and fixed my card. Phew. They didn't decide that I was too much of a slacker to be a member of their gym.

Workout here I come. I started on the treadmill and set it for 6 miles, knowing I wouldn't be able to do that much but planning to go as far as I could. I brought a towel - something I usually forget - and put it over the screen. I decided to measure my workout from my ipod. I hit shuffle and figured each song was on average between 3 and 4 minutes long. It usually takes me a little over 10 minutes to run a mile so I figured every 3-4 songs was a mile. I manged to not look until after song 6 when I started getting tired. I was just over 2 miles, and pushed to complete 2.5 before doing a short cool down. Finished the night with 15 mins on the elliptical. Not my most stellar workout but the first of the month, so I was happy. 6AP's down (54 to go for the month...hmm, not likely).

I think I'm leaving early today from work to meet up with a friend, and then off to WI around 5:00. I'm hoping for the best. Tonight is probably poker and drinks at Y-knots. I'm going to try not to go overboard. :-)

No comments:

SEARCH

Google