Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Ran 4 Miles. Felt Good!

Last WI: 212.4/At Home WI: 213.4

WEDNESDAY

Well, I've had a couple of tough days. Monday I had my poker league. I went shopping on my way home from work and stocked up the fridge. I bailed on the run I had planned because I got home late and was tired from shopping (wimp!). I cooked a healthy dinner before my friends showed up for the game, but then set out the "munchies" for them. I had too many chips and dip, and unfortunately one of my friends brought tacos from taco bell and I had 2 (boo!) so my OP day went to Off Program quickly.

Yesterday I fell off the wagon for lunch. I had court in the morning and while there we heard some really good news for the office. One of the slack-ass attorneys has put in his notice. We've been thinking he was going to leave because he never shows up to work anymore, and we were counting the days. Now we have a date certain when this loser will be gone. Praise be. So we went to lunch to celebrate (bad move) - Mexican (even worse move). I totally ordered my favorite - taco and chili relleno w/sour cream and too many chips and salsa. Bad girl. I can't know for sure the points, but I'm guessing 20 for the lunch and that might be low. :-(

BUT there is a silver lining. I was supposed to do dinner at Maggiano's last night for a social function, but after my over-indulgent lunch, I bailed and went to the gym instead. I managed 4 miles on the treadmill. I ran it a little slow for me - 5.7 mph - but I wanted to get in 4 miles - something I haven't done in a while. And it felt good. I probably could have (and should have) gone further, but I quit without pain. 6 AP's earned, and a good run logged. I felt good. I went home to cook some chicken and a side of pasta and green beans for Erik and I. A 10 pt dinner - not bad and healthy. Had a snack of popcorn before bed. So I definitely finished the day over in points, but at least the run helped. The scale was very nice today considering it showed 215.4 yesterday. I'm hoping to have a good day today and see another drop tomorrow. I'm not sure what to expect at WI tomorrow, but I fear I'm going into it again, with the hope of not seeing a gain. Ah - I deserve it.

Plan today - get back to the gym tonight and get in another run. As far as I can, but then some elliptical to get me over 5 APs. I've had 9 pts so far today (a little high for breakfast) so I need to keep a check on things to be good the rest of the day. Good news is no plans for the night. Erik has daniel, so we'll have a quiet night at home I hope. :-)

No comments:

SEARCH

Google