Monday, May 7, 2007

"Kinda OP" doesn't work well

Last WI: 212.4/At Home WI: 213.4

MONDAY

Well, I'm posting early today because I'm up early. I took Erik to the airport this morning. He's gone for a week to Puerto Rico for work. I'm so jealous! I've never been down there, and would love to have gone with him. Unfortunately, he only learned of it about 2 weeks ago, so there wasn't enough time for me to get the time off. Oh well.

This weekend I wasn't good. I wasn't horrible, but I wasn't good. I journaled everything, but went over on points every day. Friday I left work early and had a late lunch of Oz's Pizza. It's my second favorite pizza place. I get a salad and a slice of pizza. I count it as 15 points total (large slices) and it is so good. Friday night I couldn't decide whether I was going to stay home with Erik and Daniel at first and ended up going out to play poker. I did really well at poker, but had chicken fingers and beer for dinner.

Saturday I was DETERMINED to exercise, but didn't. I ate good and had 3 points left at about 7:30 after dinner when my friend called to invite me over for a small get-together. I was going to go and not drink, just drink diet coke, but at the last minute picked up some Corona Light. It wasn't horrible and I definitely didn't get drunk, but again, over in points. Boo.

Sunday was my DAY! I was going to have a super low points day. Then McDonalds called at about 4:30 when I was starving, and I fell off the wagon again.

So - as has seemed to be par for the course, I wasn't on program over the weekend and now have the week to make up for it. I didn't get breakfast at home this morning because I had to get up so darn early to take Erik to the airport, so I picked up Chick-fil-A for break. That's not great, but the good news is that I probably won't be hungry for lunch. I also am leaving work early again because I got in so early, so I can probably get through the day without eating again till I get home. Hopefully. :-) Otherwise, I'll have some popcorn to tide me over.

Tonight I have our Monday night Poker game. Since I'm getting home early, I should get some exercise in before the game, but in all liklihood I'll probably take a nap because I did NOT get enough sleep last night. I am just not a morning person. :-(

Well, I've been thinking a lot about my exercise program - or lack there of really. I did not work out at ALL this weekend despite the best of intentions. No good excuse. Just plain lazy. I'm not sure why one week I can be motivated to work out 4 times, and the next 0. But I've made a new plan. It's almost summer, and the weather is getting nicer, so I've decided to work on a training schedule running-wise that could theoretically get me to the Atlanta Marathon on Thanksgiving day. In reality, I need a schedul or training program ot motivate me, so that's the primary purpose of this goal. If I don't make it to the point of getting my milage sufficiently high for the marathon, I'm ok with that. I just need to get to the point of running 3-4 times a week again. Summer is the best time for that, so here goes nothin. This week's "schedule" is to run 4 miles tomorrow, 4 on Wednesday, 3 on Saturday and 5 on Sunday. Now, the weekend runs will be the toughest as I'm leaving town Thursday night to go to my father's house in Tennessee for the weekend. I always have a hard time exercising there, but will try to get in the runs. I think I can do it. 5 miles will be tough as we're supposed to leave on Sunday to drive home, but I can do it if I set my mind to it!

Here's to a good week!

No comments:

SEARCH

Google