Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Being Sick Helps the WI

Last WI: 212.6/At Home WI: 212.0

TUESDAY

Well, this weekend I was bad. Friday night we went to a friend's party. I was driving, so I wasn't drinking much. Over all that day I was bad for food though. I had fried food for lunch, and snacky type food for dinner. Not good.

Saturday I was planning to run, eat good and get back OP. But then we went to the Tavern for poker at 3:00. I wasn't going to drink but everyone else was and it looked good. Erik had driven, so I ended up drinking. After poker at the bar we went to Holly's for more poker and craps. Not good. I ended up getting really drunk. I had to journal some major estimates on that one because I really don't know how much I had. Bad.

Felt like crap on Sunday. It thought it was just hang over all day. We had Moe's for lunch and Longhorn for dinner. I made good choices both time, but I probably went over again.

All that made for a WI of 216+ yesterday morning. Basically I was worried again that this week would be a "gain" week. Then I went to work and came home at lunch feeling very naseous. Turns out my crappy feelings on Sunday may not have just been hang over. I think I got some wierd stomach bug because I ate a total of 12 points yesterday: Balance bar for breakfast (4pts); left over hamburger casserole for lat lunch (6pts) and a few saltines for "dinner" (2 pts). I really felt so crappy.

So this morning's WI is really a result of not eating yesterday, but now that I'm feeling better, I'm hoping it'll counteract my weekend indulgences. Today I've not eaten much again: left over hamburger casserole (6pts), green beans (0pts), broccoli & light dip (3pts), popcorn (6pts), pb2 & chocolate (3pts) for a total of 18 pts. That leaves me 10 pts for tonight. I think I'm going to meet some friends and play poker tonight at Chaps, so I'll get a salad or something there to stay at or under 10pts. I'm definitely not drinking, so that should be plenty. If I WI at or below 212 tomorrow morning, I'll have hope for a good loss this week.

Here's hoping!

I've been doing some soul searching about drinking lately. Not only is it really bad for my diet, I seem to be going overboard lately. Both Thursday night and Saturday night I got drunk. Not just tipsy or intoxicated, but drunk. I don't remember the end of the night on Saturday night so that's really bad. I know I'm "safe" when I party with Erik and the friends I was with, but as far as my body goes, it is so bad for me. I feel like crap for a whole day afterwards and don't get any exercise in. Besides the actualy physiological effects that such binge drinking has on the body. Bad I'm sure.

But, I've been a pretty heavy social drinker since college. I know I can't "give it up" but I really want to try to reduce the extremes I take it to. I love beer and love hanging out and having a beer or two, but there is absolutely no reason to get totally shit-faced. I need to work on finding that point where enough is enough. As I said, I'm not drinking today and won't be drinking tomorrow either (home with Erik & Daniel). Thursday we have a non-alcohol banquet for work, so at the earliest it'll be Friday before I drink at all again. I may be strong and not drink this weekend, though because Erik has Daniel and I should just stay home with the boys.

Anyway, just some thoughts on alcohol and my occasional abuse of it. Let's see if I can get it under control.

No comments:

SEARCH

Google