Friday, January 9, 2009

Homework Completed!

242.6

Well I did my homework - not as initially planned, but I did it, which is what counts. I've had a couple non-scale victories (NSV) in the last 24 hours that I'm very happy about. The first one was last night. I didn't end up going to the gym like I was supposed to (that is not the NSV obviously). I have not good excuse. My bad excuse is that I wanted to watch the national championship game with friends and didn't get out of work in time to hit the gym first. But I promised myself I'd go this morning before work. And I did! More on that later.

So anyway, last night I went out to my favorite bar - Y-Knots and watched the game with friends. Going in I had 14 points left for the day (and none earned due to the bailout on the gym). So I had the cheese quesadillas for 7 points and had 7 left. AND..... then I had only 3 beers (6pts). Yes, sireebob, I went to the bar and didn't go over on points. That's right. Normally I'd have some wings, or chicken fingers and tater tots and about 5 beers (a bucket- but over many hours..). Not last night. I stopped at 3 beers and switched to diet coke. And amazingly? When I got home not drunk, I didn't have the urge to binge like so many other nights when I drink to much. Yeah me!

Then this morning NSV #2 is actually GOING to the gym. Yes, I promised, but how many times have I gone to bed without exercising "promising" to get up and do it in the morning. Rarely does it happen. But this morning it did. I did 20 mins on the treadmill and about 30 mins doing the weight training program I had been assigned.

This is actually good. Not good that I skipped yesterday but good that I did my weight training on a Friday. Since my gym is near my work (30 miles from my house) it's less convenient to do weight training on the weekend, and it's important to take a "rest" day between weight training days, so by doing it today I've gotten myself on a M-W-F schedule. Had I done it yesterday I'd have had to fit it in sometime this weekend. That said - I don't plan to be a total bum this weekend. I do have a treadmill at my house, so there's no good excuse there. I know I'll be sore tomorrow and Sunday from the first weight training in a long while, but that doesn't prevent me from at least WALKING for 20-30 mins Sat. and Sun. so that's the plan. I will be happy if I just "walk" for 20 mins both Saturday and Sunday. In reality, once I get on the darn thing I won't be satisfied with walking the whole time so I will likely kick in some running. But to get my butt on there, I'm telling myself all I have to do is walk. That should work.

Tonight is going to be a challenege. My best friend is in from Hawaii and we're going out. Which definitely means drinking - no way around that. But I need to plan out my day food wise so I still have some points left and don't go over. I'd be so proud if I woke up tomorrow, having a great night out, and didn't feel guilty about going over in points. That's the plan.

1 comment:

S said...

You're off to a good start! The NSV at Y-Knots was huge! I know that going there has derailed your healthy eating plans on more than one occasion. ;-)

Good luck with the weekend.

SEARCH

Google