Monday, January 12, 2009

Week 1: Down 4.4lbs!

240.4

Yeah! Good scale day today. I'm so pleased. I kicked butt yesterday on the treadmill and did 85 minutes. Most of it walking, yes, but hell that's still a huge victory. Haven't climbed on that machine in too long. I did 20 minutes first, running as much as I could (about 10 mins of it) then was getting tired and bored. I'd been listing to my music, but was getting bored anyway, so I decided to let myself "walk" and try to get through a tv episode on my Ipod. I've never watched the show Grey's anatomy, but a few weeks ago decided I'd like to give it a try, so I'd downloaded the first season (9 episodes) to my ipod. So I clicked on episode 1. And walked through the whole darn thing. I mean it was great. I got totally absorbed for about 50 minutes. I'd continue to check myself and be sure I was still walking fast, keeping the heart rate up, and every 10 mins or so I'd make myself run for a minute or two to get the heart rate going, but it worked. I ended up burning 870 calories, which is awesome and likely the reason for this morning's good weigh in.

So this week is going to be something of a challenge just because I'm really busy at work. I have 2 depositions scheduled -Tuesday and Wednesday- that I'm not yet totally prepared for. But I'll get through them, I'm sure. Today I'll get everything finalized, but then I have a lot to do before the next week when I have my client coming in to prep for her deposition the following week. Basically I'm about 4 weeks from the end of discovery in a relatively big case, so lots going on.

That's ok though. I still plan to make my gym workouts. I didn't get there this morning like I'd planned, in part because I didn't sleep well last night. I couldn't get to sleep for some reason. But that's ok. I have my bag in the car and essentially have to drive by the gym to get home and I have my assignment, so I will go. I only have to put in about 50 mins, so there's no good excuse to dodge it.

So week one down of my challenge with my brother and I'm down 4.4 lbs. Not bad. Of course he lost 10.5, but that's a guy for you. My only hope in winning this challenge is that he'll slack after a month or two. I'm the tortoise, he's the hare. Besides, if I end up losing 40lbs over 4 months, I'll happily pay my brother $100 for the motivation. I need to lose 70 total, which is just daunting, but for now, I'm taking it one month, one week, and one day at a time. Today I will track everything I eat, stay within my points, and it the gym for an hour or so. That will be a successful day.

1 comment:

S said...

Woohoo! Good for you!

Keep posting here, too; accountability helps. ;-)

SEARCH

Google