Monday, March 31, 2008

Weee Living healthy really DOES work...

218.0

Monday

This weekend was WONDERFUL. Well, it actually started off bad because my Lasik procedure didn't happen. Really frustrating. I took the day off work, and had it all scheduled to get a ride for my 11:00 am appointment. Then I got a call, the night before, from the clinic - one of those computer reminders - that said "just reminding you of your appointment at 1:15 pm." What? I thought it was at 11:00. It's like 7 pm when they call so I just go with it and call my ride to reschedule. So I show up at 1:05 pm on Friday. I get there and she says "what? you're appointment was at 11:00!" Oh hell. Turns out the call they gave me was for my follow up appointment on tuesday. Why they called me for THAT appointment the day before my surgery, I don't KNOW. But by the time I got there, the doctor was on his way out to other appointments and could do it. I was SOOO frustrated I actually cried in the stupid eye clinic. Grrr. But - I took the frustration home, allowed myself a luxury nap then got back to work on unpacking and eating right.

I've been very good for about 5 days with a little splurge last night at Longhorn. This Sparkpeople thing is working really well right now. I actually saw 216.6 on the scale yesterday. Then Longhorn and a few beers last night, but today - right back on track. I've had 1450 calories for the day AND ran 4 miles today on the treadmill, walking 1 more for a total of 817 calories burned! Hell yeah! So I know that's really not enough food for one day with that kind of work out but today is a detox day after yesterday's splurge. I'll balance out again tomorrow to a reasonable number. Hopefully I'll see that beautiful 216 again tomorrow!

I'm still going to keep weighing in with WW because I bought at 16 week at-work pass so I'm already paid. I just won't tell them I'm doing sparkpeople instead. It's still good for the weekly accountability and the pep talks. Besides if I lose 10lbs in the session my firm will reimburse 50% of my costs. I'm only down 3 as of last weigh in so I need to do 7 in the next 6 weeks or so to get that reimbursement. They way this week is going, though I think I'll hit 5 by Thursday.

Why is it that some weeks motivation doesn't seem to be a problem. Why are those weeks so few and far between? I'm going to ride this as long as I can...

No comments:

SEARCH

Google