Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Moved in and Funkdity funk funk

220.0


Thursday



This weekend was CRAAAAAZZY. Like totally crazy busy. I ended up taking off Thursday & Friday from work to get my house ready for "the move". Holly's husband Dana was a godsend and helped me both days buy a refrigerator, lawn mower & patio furniture and install all that and a dishwasher. He's very handy! Than Saturday began the GREAT MOVE. I had about 6 friends meet me at my old house at 10:30 to start loading up the gynormous U-Haul I bought. We got it loaded, with more friends trickling in, about 12:30 and headed to the new house. A few mor friends met us there for the unload. Half way through unloading we sent half the big strong guys off to my storage facility to empty that out as well (which included a pian0 - let me tell you they LOVED me for that one). By the time they got back with that stuff we had the U-Haul emptied. By 4:30 we had the trucks/trailers/etc. from storag emptied and the party commenced. In exchange for physical labor Erik & I supplied Pizza, Wings, Beer & Water throughout the day. And we started our celebratory poker tournament at about 6:30 for all participants.

Sunday was church, then easter dinner at Holly's then home for nap & unpacking. So much unpacking to do...

Then this week I've been car-pooling with Holly because I'm not allowed to wear my contacts. I'm having lasik surgery tomorrow morning and this week have had to live with a blurry world. It's really odd. My eyes aren't that bad compared to a lot of people but I do have to squint if the TV is more than aobut 10 feet away. Anyway, technically I'm not supposed to drive w/o contacts/glasses so I've been riding w/Holly. Why don't I wear glasses you say? Well because about a month ago my someone or something (read my crazy cat!) decided to hide my glasses and I haven't been able to find them - not even after the move. I think they took them outside and burried them. Grrr. So blind I am - till tomorrow at least.

Food-wise I was really bad this weekend. Got lots of exercise with moving, but balanced it with beer, pizza & wings. Not good.

So my weight has totally fluctuated this week. Way too high. But finally I got back on track yesterday. I'm trying something different. I'm trying Sparkpeople. I've read lots of blogs on people who use it and thought I'd give it a try. The problem with weight watchers I'm having is that I've done it so long, that I really cheat too much. I know how to cheat points - find the foods with the most fiber so it's lower point - eat two servings separatly so it's less points than it would be in one sitting - stupid stuff that doesn't lower the calorie content of the food, but just lets me abuse the program. I'm just in a rut with weight watchers and need a change. So Sparkpeople here I come. I logged all my food yesterday and even got a good run in last night. Today so far I'm doing well. I've logged breakfast and lunch and will find something good for dinner.

I've got 22 weeks till the wedding. 22 weeks. I started with almost 30 and I've wasted about 8 without any real weight loss. not good. I can do a lot in 22 weeks but I've got to stick with it. I've got to. This HAS to be important.

I was researching DJ's yesterday and one had a bunch of pictures of weddings he hosted. I saw all these beautiful brides. I hate pictures of me right now. I really don't want to hate my wedding photos. So 22 weeks to make it happen. I HAVE to.

Today's plan - 200-500 calories for dinner - good run on the treadmill and some strength training. Get to bed at a reasonable time - no alcohol - no Y-knots (bar we usually go to on Thursdays). Just good healthy living. i can DO this!

1 comment:

S said...

Good luck getting motivated. A looming wedding date didn't do it for me (I actually gained weight during my engagement), but I'll cross my fingers that you'll be different.

Congrats on the move!

SEARCH

Google