Friday, November 7, 2008

Feels Good

Official WI: 243.2
Morning WI: 237.8

Yesterday was good. I ate exactly what was allowed in my new "points range". Today I'm doing well so far. I've logged everything into weight watchers site and plan to keep up with it all week. I tried a new meeting last night that I won't be going back to, which is too bad because it's about 2 miles from my house. I just didn't like the vibe at all or the leader. There were only about 10 people there and I was the youngest by about 20 years. That would be ok, but the leader fancied herself a comedian but wasn't. She tried to get group participating and what she got was a lot of joking commentary. Like, when she asked what do you do when you need to find the motivation to continue- the response was: go eat a big meal then you'll feel really guilty. Um, no?

It almost felt like the people there weren't taking it seriously, which may have had to do a lot with the leader's style. Overall, it's just not for me.

That's ok, though because there is a WW center about 8 miles further from my house that has a lot of meetings to choose from, including a variety of leaders. I think I'm going to try the Thursday night at 7:00 meeting next week with the Friday morning at 8:30 being my fall back if I have to work late. I definitely need to go to meetings, I just need to find one that fits with me, my needs and my personality.

1 comment:

S said...

Kudos to you for getting back on track! ;-)

SEARCH

Google